Want Great Results From Invisalign In Pasadena? Take Out Your Aligners Properly!
Invisalign in Pasadena is a wonderful investment in the health and appearance of your smile. And, as with any investment, you’ll get out of it what you put into it! By establishing a few good habits from the very beginning of treatment, you’ll have a beautiful smile that you can be proud of – without the drawbacks of traditional braces. In this blog, you’ll get many tips and tricks for the best way to take out your aligner trays to keep them clean and functioning well. You’ll also learn about a few other things you can do to get the final results you’re after. Find out more below!
How Should You Take Out and Maintain Your Aligner Trays?
Here are some easy steps to keep your trays in great shape:
- Take Them Out the Right Way – Using your fingers on the inside surfaces of your very back teeth, gently pull the tray away from the teeth to release it on both sides. Once it’s loose, you can get ahold of it to remove it.
- Never Use Force – Always handle your trays gently and don’t force them when putting them in or taking them out.
- Immediately Rinse Your Aligners – Dry saliva and plaque create the perfect breeding ground for foul-smelling bacteria.
- Clean Them Correctly – It’s helpful to soak your trays with an approved product (e.g. Invisalign soaking crystals or a denture or retainer cleaner). Also, don’t use toothpaste on your trays. Instead, gently brush twice a day with clear liquid soap.
- Brush and Floss Your Teeth –You can remove your trays before brushing and flossing, so you may as well take advantage of it! This ensures that your smile will be both healthy and beautiful when your treatment is done.
And, as always, comply with all the instructions from your dentist to get the best possible results on time. This includes wearing your trays for at least 22 hours per day.
What Else Can You Do For Great Results?
In addition to correctly removing clear aligners in Pasadena, here are a few other ways to make sure your smile looks great when your Invisalign treatment is done:
- Get Regular Checkups – Regular checkups and cleanings will help keep your teeth and gums healthy and looking their best.
- Store Your Trays Properly – Many patients wrap their trays in a napkin during meals and accidentally throw them away later. The best way to prevent this is to get in the habit of immediately putting your trays in their protective case.
- Only Drink Water When Your Trays Are In – Any beverage besides plain water can stain your trays or give them an unpleasant odor.
One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that it requires so much less maintenance than traditional braces. By complying with these few guidelines, you’ll be able to have a great experience – from beginning to end!
About the Author
Dr. Christopher Sierra is a general, cosmetic, and restorative dentist and a graduate of The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. In his experience, his patients in Invisalign avoid treatment interruptions and get the best results when they maintain their aligners. That’s why he always takes the time to encourage good habits that keep them working great. If you have any other questions about Invisalign in Pasadena, he can be contacted via his website.