We hope that you all have been able to stay safe and healthy during this challenging time of COVID-19. We have worked hard to implement safety protocols in our office that will allow you to feel comfortable and safe receiving care at Sierra Smiles. Although operations will look different, we are committed to providing the same exceptional level of service and quality of care that you have come to expect from the Sierra Smiles team.
Here is what our team is doing to ensure your safety:
- We are asking our employees with flu like symptoms to stay home in order to minimize contact with other team members and our patients.
- We are screening all employees daily with temperature checks.
- All our patient care providers are equipped with protective gear such as N95 or KN95 masks, face shields, gloves, and gowns/jackets to minimize contact with germs and viruses.
- All team members will be wearing a mask.
- Protective barriers have been installed in administrative areas where communications would occur with our team.
- Hospital grade HEPA filtration systems have been installed in our treatment rooms.
- High volume suction/scavenging systems will be utilized in any aerosol generating procedure.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are performed after each patient appointment.
- Common areas and restrooms are routinely cleaned with surface disinfectant.
- We will screen all patients for symptoms of infection during a confirmation call before each visit and again when entering the office.
Here is what we are asking you to do to ensure your safety:
- Reception chairs have been blocked off to promote social distancing. We would prefer for you to wait in your car and call the office at (713) 943-2094 to let us know you have arrived.
- A member of our team will greet you and take your temperature with a touchless infrared thermometer, and a face mask will be provided if you do not have a face covering.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check in and we will ask you to sanitize upon entry to the treatment room. We will ask you to re-mask prior to departure.
- We are asking all patients to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide because coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation. This is a completely safe precaution recommended by the American Dental Association.
- Please call the office to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing flu like symptoms including fever, cough or newly developed shortness of breath, or if you have had contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
We understand there may be some questions about your appointment, please reach out to us and our team will be happy to address your concerns!